Tue, 19 Jan|
Therapeutically De-escalating Violence (6 week programme)
Join our trainer Dave Edwards on a 6 week de-escalation programme. The course will enable you to have the knowledge, skills and strategies to apply Therapeutic Parenting methods for dealing with child on parent violence.
Time & Location
19 Jan 2021, 10:00 GMT – 02 Mar 2021, 11:00 GMT
About The Event
Join our trainer Dave Edwards on a 6 week de-escalation programme.
The course will enable you to have the knowledge, skills and strategies to apply Therapeutic Parenting methods for dealing with child on parent violence.
Week 1 - 19.01.2021
For the first week we will look at the impacts that Covid 19 has had on our children’s behaviour and emotional well-being. We will introduce the importance of managing first contact in all situations.
Week 2 - 26.01.2021
Week 2 will look at the benefits of empathic listening and the importance of information gathering in the de-escalation process.
Week 3 - 02.02.2021
This week we will be Identifying and managing triggers, both ours and our children’s. We will discuss the positive and negative effects of our behaviour and strategies for improving our responses.
Week 4 - 09.02.2021
Week 4 will focus on how to manage contact using the persuasion sequence including re-direction and distraction techniques.
Week 5 - 23.02.2021
This week we will look at how to effectively manage situations when they have escalated, including the techniques to keep everyone safe.
Week 6 - 02.03.2021
We will end our final week with how to manage closure, repair and reconciliation in a way that compliments therapeutic Parenting.
NATP - Live & Watch It Later Ticket - This ticket admits the purchaser to view the webinar live and after the event receive a recording of the webinar to watch for 7 days.
LIVE Webinar & Watch It Later Ticket - This ticket admits the purchaser to view the webinar live and after the event receive a recording of the webinar to watch for 7 days.
How to join:
1. The meeting will start promptly at 10am with an ITG staff member hosting the event.
2. To join the meeting click the link that will be sent to you prior to the training taking place.
3. A video will load and will show all participating attendees. You will see audio and video sharing options at the bottom of the screen, please make sure your audio and video is switched off.
4. If you need to join the event part the way through, simply follows steps 2 onwards.
5. The event is due to end at 11am, please be aware this may be earlier if event has come to a natural end.
6. If you are unable to join at no fault of Inspire Training Group we will not be able to refund tickets.
7. After the event a certificate will be sent to all attendees.
We are running the course through the a webinar platform called Zoom, you do not need an account to access this training, if you wish to sign up prior you can at https://zoom.us/
Please note all participants will be muted and will only be the trainer with audio. Please comment and type questions in the chat box. The training will start promptly at 10am, so we advise joining the event 5/10 minutes before. All Participants will arrive in a waiting room and be approved access at the start time, ready to start.
Terms & Conditions
1. All course fees must be paid in full prior to the training.
2. Cancellations and refund terms - cancellations within 7 days prior to any training will not be refunded and is non-transferable
3. If you’re an NATP member you must quote your Membership number for discounts to be applied!
4. After a course has taken place, if any attendees want any information on material covered during a course or to be certificated for the course they have attended, please contact Inspire on firstname.lastname@example.org
5. If for any reason we cancel the course a full refund will be issued.
6. When booking onto training, an incomplete or incorrect email address can cause problems for which Inspire Training Group takes no responsibility. Please double check your email address before you finalise your booking. If you do not receive an email confirming your booking, please contact us - email@example.com
This is a certificated event, all certificates will be emailed after webinar completion.
If you do not receive an email from us on the day of the training, please first check your junk inbox, secondly contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm, so that we can check we have all the correct details for you.