Wed, 06 Nov|
Hollyfields Sports & Conference Centre
Managing Violent Behaviour in Children & Adolescents - BIRMINGHAM
This is a ground breaking, approved course, for which we have contracted from Dynamis Training & Insight who is an excellent, highly skilled trainer whose ethos and values merge closely with Therapeutic Parenting.
Time & Location
06 Nov 2019, 10:00 – 07 Nov 2019, 16:00
Hollyfields Sports & Conference Centre, Woodacre Rd, Birmingham B24 0JT, UK
About The Event
We have identified different families need different levels of training and support when it comes to child violence.
We now have the option for you to attend just day 1 as a stand-alone course so that you can access all the Therapeutic de-escalation strategies required to help reduce/eliminate violence and aggression in the family home. We will then continue into day 2 with the strategies and tools you need when you must physically intervene in keeping yourself, the child or others in the family safe. Please note if you wish to complete day 2, day 1 must be completed first.
To offer those who are parenting children who sometimes display violence which could result in harm to themselves or others. A law- and guidance-based decision-making framework, along with specific last-resort physical control options (and their working principles), which would allow them to create physical and emotional safety in situations where otherwise a child or carer would be more significantly harmed or injured.
Learning Outcomes for day 1:
• Understand why children might be violent.
• To assist parents and carers in de-escalating aggressive behaviours.
• To put in place practical strategies to keep the child safe and to avoid conflict.
Learning Outcomes for day 2:
• Describe how self-awareness, non-escalation and de-escalation are primary responses to a child who is being violent.
• Explain the status of physical force, as a last resort, in the context of parenting a child who is being violent.
• Use a decision-making framework, based on duty of care concepts, for how to respond to a child who is being violent.
• Understand the core legal principles of Reasonable Force and how they relate to e.g. Fostering Regulations Guidance.
• Recognise 'survival' strategies for keeping themselves safe if they need to respond to a child who is being violent.
• Recognise 'holding' strategies for control of a child if they need to respond to a child who is being violent.
• Explain the role of Disengagement and Containment strategies in response to violence, particularly when alone.
• Describe the risks of physical intervention including those of Restraint-Related Sudden Death, which should be avoided.
“The course was useful and I feel more competent to manage aggressive situations as a result, I also feel more secure within my ‘rights’ to look after myself and the other children” - Foster Carer from Peterborough City Council Fostering Services.
“we concentrated on one to one handling, which was really relevant to what we need at the moment. Well explained and shown several times for people like me who don’t pick up thing very quickly.” - Carer for Young Man with Complex Needs.
Terms & Conditions for Inspire Training Group Training
1. All course fees must be paid in full prior to the training.
2. Cancellations and refund terms
2a. LIVE Online training – cancellations within 7 days prior to any training will not be refunded and is non-transferable to another course.
2b. Face to Face – cancellations within 1 month prior to training will not be refunded and is non-transferable to another course.
3. If you’re an NATP member you must quote your Membership number for discounts to be applied!
4. After a course has taken place, if any attendees want any information on material covered during a course or to be certificated for the course they have attended, please contact Inspire on email@example.com
5. If for any reason Inspire Training Group cancel the course a full refund will be issued. Inspire Training Group accepts no responsibility for any travel arrangements or cost due to cancellation.
All payments must be received in full prior to training taking place, this can be paid via the below options -
1. Payment in full
2. Deposits can be taken to reserve spaces. (Non-refundable)
2a. Face to Face – remaining amount to be paid 1 month prior to training taking place.
2b. LIVE Online – Full payment needs to be made prior to training taking place at scheduled time.
Please note – If payment is not made in full, this may result in deposits and spaces being lost.